Today is Friday the 13th. Oooooo! *spooky sounds* Etc. I didn’t even realize this was the case until the guy on TV said so. Don’t step on a black cat, or cross a mirror, or break a crack, or something… I don’t know. Have some links.
- The Doomsday clock is now one minute closer to midnight.
- Be skeptical of acai berry products claims, some of them are flat out fraudulent.
- The definition of rape is finally updated.
- The founding fathers were skeptical about christianity? You don’t say!
- “If we do not destroy ourselves we will one day venture to the stars.” This is a pretty cool picture of Carl Sagan!
- Some Indiana state senators proposed a bill that would allow schools to require recitation of the Lord’s Prayer every morning. This is indeed what theocracy looks like.
- Good news: Jessica Ahlquist won her lawsuit! Not so good news: People are still bulling and threatening her. If you are able and feeling generous, chip in some money for a scholarship for her (at the bottom of the Friendly Atheist link).
- Above: One of the funniest cosmetic ad parodies I’ve ever seen.