I’m a little late on the links this week. I was a little busy cleaning up after some crazy christians. But have no fear, the links are here!
Hello world! I’m finally doing another Weekly Links! I’ve been busier than I ever thought I could be lately but I’m on spring break right now so I actually have the time to take care of my blog. Hopefully I’ll be able to find time (or make time) during the rest of this semester. If not, well, there’s lots of internet out there and I’ll just have to accept the fact that I’m not a very good blogger. But right now it’s link time!
- This short story seems very believable with all the recent news in the war on women.
- Skeptical about this “Kony 2012″ thing? Well, you have reason to be. Crommunist is also skeptical about it, as well as being skeptical about the skeptics.
- More sexist, idiotic shirts. This time from Sears.
- American Atheists is having some billboard trouble. First with one in Pennsylvania, then with a Hebrew one in New York.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center takes notice of the misogyny in the so-called Mens Rights Movement.
- xkcd will tell you how to deal with those pesky “Pickup Artists”. It also explains the “friend zone”.
- Check out DefendRush.org (yes, that Rush).
- Above: Neil deGrasse Tyson testifying before the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation committee on Wednesday. If you would rather read his remarks in full, go here.
I’ve been busier than ever this week. With having exams and other school work, organizing my Freethinkers group and trying to become affiliated with a humanist group, and organizing a trip to a CFI conference this spring break, I’ve been a very busy atheist. But I do have links for this week, so that’s something.
I’ve been busy lately (well, when am I not, really?). But I have links this week. Unfortunately, the world has been a rather awful place over the past two weeks. As a result, some of these links are… really depressing, to say the least. Sorry. Here, have a kitty picture to make up for it:
There. Now to the links!
Today is Friday the 13th. Oooooo! *spooky sounds* Etc. I didn’t even realize this was the case until the guy on TV said so. Don’t step on a black cat, or cross a mirror, or break a crack, or something… I don’t know. Have some links.
Ah, the semester has begun and I’m getting back into the swing of things. But even with classes starting again (as well as my campus Freethinkers group, which I’m partly in charge of now!) I didn’t forget the links. So here they are!
- How would you like a Santorum Salad? (If that doesn’t make you giggle, then maybe you haven’t heard what the current definition of Santorum is.)
- Have you seen the Brick Bible? Well, this Catholic woman just did, and she does not approve.
- Oh Reddit, why are you so awful?
- This woman hasn’t personally experienced sexism in the skeptic/atheist community, therefore all women who say that have are just asking for special treatment. *sigh* Like we haven’t heard this shit before. The Blag Hag has a great article in response. Another good article on the topic from one of the Skepchicks.
- Ready to be offended on every level? Well, if not, don’t watch “Work It”.
- Frat guy sends out an email out about how to get
sexpie from womentargets (trigger warning for rape culture and a genuinely awful human being).
- How do you all feel about this controversial new PSA targeting obese children? Please share your opinions on this topic in the comments (I’m curious about what you all will have to say).
- Above: Have I mentioned that I love science based humor? Well, I do. [via Memebase]
Now, go enjoy your weekend! And I’ll be Occupying (there’s a big event coming with my local Occupy early next week).
This week’s links are a bit late and I haven’t been blogging much lately. I’ve been busy with finals and now I’m on winter vacation (which is really short for my university this year). I’ve been neglecting lots of things for the past few weeks, including my poor, lonely blog. But fear not! I’ll (hopefully) be blogging more now that I’m not ultra-busy or lazy.
You are a Working Class Warrior, also known as a blue-collar Democrat. You believe that the little guy is getting screwed by conservative greed-mongers and corporate criminals, and you’re not going to take it anymore.
I’ve finished my final exams and my brain isn’t melted (that’s how it works, right?). That’s an accomplishment, so let’s celebrate with links!